previous arrow
next arrow

Home Insurance

Buildings insurance is not compulsory, but it’s usually a condition from the lender of the customer’s mortgage. Your Solicitor may ask to see a copy of your schedule as part of their work. I always recommend your insurance commences from exchange of contracts, (when you have legal committed to your purchase).

Buildings insurance cover protects the structure (the fixtures and fittings in your home), while contents insurance covers your belongings.

Combined buildings and contents cover is generally arranged for clients buying a freehold property. If you are purchasing a leasehold property or on a shared ownership basis, the building is usually insured by the freeholder or managing agent. It is important that you arrange cover for own your contents.

I can put you in touch with a specialist home insurance provider if you haven’t arranged your own cover

Please note for these insurance products, terms and conditions apply. This information is a summary only. You will receive a full policy document upon application. This policy will set out the terms, conditions and limitations of cover provided under the plan.